Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

4 y/o with Strep, fever not breaking
kayceejay77 posted:
I'm only asking this because my youngest child is reacting differently to strep than myself and my older children. His fevers have been spiking at 102-103 since Saturday night. Took him to the doc Sunday morning, strep was positive and he's been on azithromycin since yesterday around 11 am. I just took his temp and it's back up to 102.7. Is this common with strep? My other two were usually better the next day after starting meds. Of course they weren't this young either. I'm having a hard time getting him to drink or sleep. He's just been laying inbed but won't sleep much.

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.