Skip to content
Child's mental health
nishasanu posted:
Dear Experts,
First thanks for ur continuous support for health related issues. I have a nephew, who has recently completed one year. I am a bit confuse abt his growth. I mean he is physically growing very fast. At the same time, I am not able to understand his mental status. I mean since he is born, he is so smiling and bubbly and I never seen him crying without particular reason. I mean even if when he wakes up and doesnt see his mother, he never cries. However, Now, he suddenly getting maturity of around 5 year kid. I still dont understand the way his baby smile suddenly gone and he seems much quite and bored in his environment.
Do suggest me what is their mental status at the age of one year is. It will be helpful to me and my cousin.

momuv4girls responded:
I would discuss this with his pediatrician - - if the mother needs your support, then join them at the visit.

nishasanu replied to momuv4girls's response:
Thanks a lot Kathleen,

Actually, my nephew and his mother I mean my cousin, them are at USA and I am at India, They didnt found this unusual, however, I did as at India as well kids have slow to very slow growing rate, at the same time, the baby smile they keep till around atlest they are 5. So, when I seen my nephew's photos and videos, I felt worried and I asked you guys. Do you think Is it ok at USA, to have such fast growth, that a kid can get maturity in less then a week time and suddenly stop smiling and being bubbly?

Thanks again,

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.