Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Kind of lost
unsureparent posted:
My son turns 1 year old next and has always loved water and drinks plenty of it. However recently(last week or so) he has began urinating alot more often then he usually does and in larger quantities. We took him to his Dr and they check urine and blood for diabetes and we were told there was no issue there. The concern came when we told her his urine has never been yellow as long as we could remember. Now she wants us to reduce his water intake for a week until his urine turns yellow and if it does not bring him back in. I'm just confused now because I always though clear is good, now I'm told because of no yellow there could be a problem... I guess I'm just looking for a second opinion as I can't find anything about clear urine being bad.

bruceox1962 responded:
That is nothing to worry about.

atti_editor responded:
Hi unsureparent,

Urine color normally ranges from a pale yellow (almost straw colored) to deep amber depending on its concentration. Clear urine could just mean that he is well hydrated (or over hydrated) as you said before, but in some cases no color to the urine can signal diabetes (which your doctor ruled out) or a kidney disorder. There is probably no cause for alarm, but it is good that your doctor is being thorough. You might find the chart in this article helpful. Please keep us updated!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.