Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Kind of lost
    unsureparent posted:
    My son turns 1 year old next and has always loved water and drinks plenty of it. However recently(last week or so) he has began urinating alot more often then he usually does and in larger quantities. We took him to his Dr and they check urine and blood for diabetes and we were told there was no issue there. The concern came when we told her his urine has never been yellow as long as we could remember. Now she wants us to reduce his water intake for a week until his urine turns yellow and if it does not bring him back in. I'm just confused now because I always though clear is good, now I'm told because of no yellow there could be a problem... I guess I'm just looking for a second opinion as I can't find anything about clear urine being bad.

bruceox1962 responded:
    That is nothing to worry about.

atti_editor responded:
    Hi unsureparent,

Urine color normally ranges from a pale yellow (almost straw colored) to deep amber depending on its concentration. Clear urine could just mean that he is well hydrated (or over hydrated) as you said before, but in some cases no color to the urine can signal diabetes (which your doctor ruled out) or a kidney disorder. There is probably no cause for alarm, but it is good that your doctor is being thorough. You might find the chart in this article helpful. Please keep us updated!

Best wishes,
    Atti

Helpful Tips

Son Peeing
    I have a suggestion for the parents with the boy that is peeing in the house. Maybe he needs the "freedom" of peeing. I would let him go ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.