Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Triple dose MMR
An_256363 posted:
My niece had a MMR vaccine as a baby. Than she had a preschool dose a month ago and another dose two days ago by mistake. Three all together. Her mum has a mixed messages from the doctors. Some even told her that child can develop a genetic mutation Can somebody please help Thnaks

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

Here is a link to a similar discussion that took place on the board a couple years ago. This is what our expert at the time, Roy Benaroch, had to say:

"There's no special or extra harm in getting an extra dose...Another dose of MMR will not be extra-harmful. That is, every dose of every vaccine has a very small chance of a serious reaction. An extra MMR doesn't increase that chance."

Your niece should be perfectly fine having accidentally gotten a third dose.

Best wishes,
Atti

4loveones replied to atti_editor's response:
Thank you very much Atti

It makes me feel much better

All very best Nada

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.