Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

New Parent
JACOB44 posted:
Hello all,
My wife and I are expecting our first child in the near future, E.D.D. July 30th. I am just wondering what do we as first time parents need to be aware of and expect. I have nieces and nephews and have talked with many people but was wanting some unbiased input. What can yall help me with?

Take the Poll

Baby boy names??
  • Cohen Dean
  • Elliot Dean
vote
View Poll Results

atti_editor responded:
Hello JACOB44,

First of all, congratulations on the news of your first baby! We have a number of resources that you and your wife may find helpful. This article answers 7 common questions about your newborn's first week and will help cover some of the basics of what you can expect, as well as this article that is a head-to-toe guide to your newborn's health. These skin care tips for newborns may also be of interest to you. If you need help with what exactly you need for good newborn care when your baby comes home, this essential shopping guide may help.

Our Health & Parenting Guide is a good resource that lists articles covering everything from bringing home your baby, to breastfeeding guides, and it continues on into toddler development and beyond. Also, this Baby Development Directory can help you track your son's or daughter's developmental milestones and will let you know whether or not he/she is on track. I hope you find some information that helps!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.