Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

My daughter 5 years old stiffens with excitement...
scarletlambo posted:
Hi... I have been trying to find a solution or a diagnosis to why she stiffens with excitement or whatever excites her. He body is always pretty stiff not the usual loose kid. I have 3 other children and when held the are soft or flabby...hope it makes sense. She on the other hand is stiff and again when excited does some awkward facial features and stiffens up with her body. She has over the many years done it so much that she is quite muscular and of course quite on the thin side. If woken in the middle of the night shakes a bit...very much asleep and then stops and continues sleeping...She has eye contact, and is very artistic and had a pretty good vocab and speaks well,,,. Does anyone have any input or advice I have mentioned it to the Doctor and not much feedback...I have an appt with the neurologist soon...but would like to know if anyone thinks I should see someone else...thanks

mariajohnson responded:
Hi, A related discussion is found here. Hope it helps you.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/4-yr-old-hands-twist--stiffen-and-flap-when-excited---involuntary-muscle-movemen/show/297167

Helpful Tips

Predicting adult height !Expert
There are a couple of ways to predict adult height for toddlers. The simplest way is to double the child's height at age 2. Another ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 55 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.