Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

blueberry colored mark
purplexpoppiezx posted:
I am a 55 yo woman with fibromayalgia, and lately have been losing clumps of hair, tired all the time, i have been getting severe bone pain & get fevers every few weeks, with bad pain & lumps in my armpits, now yesterday I came out of store and looked in my friends mirror and there was a dark blue/blackberry colored mark larger than the size of a quarter below my mouth area, I hadn't drank or ate anything as i was in a hurry that morning, i woke up today and its still there, I need to also add That I have ITP blood disorder (were my platelets eat each other) I see many stories with kids on here but No adults, can someone help me and explain what this is.

atti_editor responded:
Hi purplexpoppiezx,

Have you spoken with a doctor about the symptoms you have been experiencing? He/She will be able to best diagnose what is causing them after an examination. You may find it helpful to post your question in our Fibromyalgia Community and/or our Skin Problems and Treatments Community -- the members on these boards are may be able to provide advice and personal experience as it relates to your symptoms. To post, simply follow the above links, click on the orange "Post Now" button at the top of the page, and post your question just as you did here.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.