Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

my 3 year old wont eat food he must chew
mona2585 posted:
I am in desperate need of help. My son was eating fine, until he started teething his mowlers. After they came out i cant get him to eat chicken, fish etc. He will have crisps, and snacks. But want nothing to do with a plate of dinner unless i mash it all up and feed him. He refuses to eat breakfast unless i feed it to him. This is my day one of " cruel to be kind, i put the food down, and if he is hungry, he will eat. Its been 8 months since his teeth. But it needs to stop now, he is going to school soon and i wish for him to be able to eat what ever they have available. I am asking advise, not critism. Its a very tender subject. I am desperate for help.. is it ok, is it a stage, what do i do next? Thank you
momuv4girls responded:
This can be a very challenging and frustrating situation for parents - we want our children to eat, thrive and be self-sufficient.

Some children are more sensitive and have oral needs that we as parents don't quite know how to fix.

You need to learn what to do, and what not to do for your son. This is not that unusual of a problem - just something you weren't trained how to deal with.

There are "feeding specialists" that are trained to help in situations such as this. I suggest you look into some professionals in your area to work with you and your young son. Here is a link to a Feeding Therapy Clinic:
This is the type of place and/or therapist you need to find to help get your son back-on-track, and independence in regards to his own feeding needs.

I hope this helps, and take care!

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.