Skip to content
Help my 6 yr old, I'm out of options
joinerfam13 posted:
So my son is 6 years old, he was diagnosed with ADHD and ODD. Is. Currently being seen by 2 child psychologist and is currently on 20mg adderal. I also have 2 other children 3 & 1 years old, no deaths, no new marriage, we are a military family, but haven't moved in 2 years, this went on before any moves.

He has been potty trained since he was 2 years old, but urniates in his room, he will steal bottles out of recycle to pee in and then hide them under his bed. He even takes his little brothers clothes and blankets out the dresser to pee on them, but never on his own stuff. I keep lights on threw out the house so he can see at njight , but I've noticed he does this during day when all bathrooms are accessible. Its gotten to the point where now I'm 3 yr old is following in his older brother steps and pee`d on their younger sisters toy.

He is always so violent. If he doesn't get his way he will cause pain to him self such as, punching him self in face, bang his head on floors or walls. His movie went off a couple nights ago my husband heard him yelling at the TV and walked in to find him urinating in plane sight.

He also does not sleep at night or during the day. I have tried melatonin and it worked tik we upped is dosage of adderal. If his siblings are sleep he will terrorize them. I walked up stairs tonight to find him standing over his brothers bed growling at him then he spit in hisnface , while his brother was asleep.

I have discussed all this with his doctors but they haven't help at all. And when I ask my son why, he doesn't say anything, just shuts down
momuv4girls responded:
Oh gosh I SO feel for you (((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))) !!!

First off, you need to find a really good, smart, board certified Child Psychiatrist asap.
A good one is hard to find, but they are out there.

I know that when a young child is this out of control and is on ADHD medication, that you may need to take him off it, as it maybe fueling his violent outbursts.
You need a qualified Dr. to diagnose / treat him - Not a pediatrician and/or psychologist.

My youngest daughter was also violent and out of control, so I understand how unbelievable hard this is.

The below link is to help you find a qualified Dr. in your area:

Please write back anytime, I know how alone this can make a parent feel, and I'm happy to share some ideas with you and give you support.
joinerfam13 replied to momuv4girls's response:
Thank you so much for website, unfortunately we are stationed overseas and the whole post is limited to 1 child psychologist. We are currently in the paperwork process to move back stateside so he can get better care. The website will be very useful for us there.

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.