Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Frequent urination, 8 year old girl
An_257575 posted:
Hello my daughter is eight and has been using the bathroom at least 2 times in an hour for the past few days. She has wet the bed about 3 times in the past 3 weeks and now is having trouble not to pee herself during her regular day. She claims that she doesn't feel the need to go before she has an accident. We have treated her in the past for frequent UTIs with her doctors suggestions of cranberry juice and this time it doesn't seem like the typical UTI. Thoughts? Thank you

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

Here is some information on overactive bladder in children that you may find helpful. The above link lists some possible causes from anxiety to consuming foods she may be allergic to and more. A UTI is another possibility as you mention -- they can have different symptoms, so I wouldn't rule it out because it is different than her previous ones. I would suggest an appointment with your daughter's doctor as it is the fastest and most accurate way to find out what is causing your daughter's frequent urination and provide proper treatment options. Please let us know how she is doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Predicting adult height !Expert
There are a couple of ways to predict adult height for toddlers. The simplest way is to double the child's height at age 2. Another ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 55 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.