Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

SCHOOL VOMITTING
sushb posted:
My 5 yr old boy has been admitted to a big school.Before this he was going to a montessori school.Never in his montessori days he has behaved sensitively.He was a friendly and intelligent boy.Offlately in his new school he is vomitting every day.At first we thought becoz of the new routine,new envioronment,or may be new study style.We have have tried many times to ask our child that what is bothering him,but we are not able to get the exact reason behind this.I feel so helpless ,every morning he is going to school happily and god knows what is happening that he vomits.

momuv4girls responded:
This very well could be stress related.....your son is young and most likely can not make the connection between his stress and vomiting.

Children can not articulate their feelings and his way of showing his disruption may be the vomiting.

If you have taken him to his pediatrician and they have ruled out any physical causes (like food allergy, intestinal issues etc..) - then I would suggest finding a really good Child Psychologist to sort out what is going on.

Take care,
-Kathleen

sushb replied to momuv4girls's response:
thanks Kathleen,today also he vomitted and the major problem is that i know only one side of the story.Here the teachers are not approachable.But i think i have to write a letter to the school principal and seek the cooperation of the class teacher.Then only i can understand exactly what is the scenario.I have to talk to the class teacher.

Thanks Kathleen

momuv4girls replied to sushb's response:
Yes, that is a really good idea. Can you email the teacher and Principal to set up a meeting?

Does your son like his teacher? What does he say about school in general. Sometimes asking questions about his day, how the teacher is, how his new friends are etc.... may give you a bit more information too.

Hope you find some answers! Keep us posted.
-Kathleen

some of my relatives are advising me to wait,becoz till now the school has not complained or discussed with us regarding this problem.I think they are also trying to make him comfortable.Yesterday my son told me dat hez teacher beat him.now i have no idea about this.My child is a very shy child why his teacher beat him ,i dnt know.

Well, if I were you I would not wait. This is your child, and you want him to feel better, and more connected at school.

Waiting is doing nothing, and a more involved parent is always a good thing. You are your son's voice and while he is still so young, you have a right to always talk with his teacher and get involved when your son isn't feeling right.

I think a face-to-face with the teacher is an important step.

Take care,
=Kathleen

Hi,
Today m feeling top of the world.My child didnt vomit at all.I spoke with the teacher also,according to her he is a good boy and doing pretty well in the class.But i asked her about the vomitting so she smiled and said not to worry.They are taking care of it.They have shifted him to some sitting arrangement also.
i guess very soon he will b alright.Thanks a ton dear.

That's really good to hear, and I am glad the teacher is well aware of your son and his sensitivity.

Take care!!
-Kathleen

Helpful Tips

Predicting adult height !Expert
There are a couple of ways to predict adult height for toddlers. The simplest way is to double the child's height at age 2. Another ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 55 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.