Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Low Grade Fever in 23month Toddler
brianedd posted:
My 23month toddler has had a constant low grade fever 99 to not exceeding 101 for the past 7 months. All bloodwork has been thankfully negative. However we did discover that he has a swallowing disorder called dysphagia. Gastro docs assume that he might've been micro aspirating liquids into lungs causing inflammation thus causing fevers. Under their advice we started him on liquid thickeners so that he can safely swallow his beverages into his esophagus and not have it leak into his trachea. We are happy to report that his swallowing has improved and he is no longer coughing etc. However his low grade fevers remain. He typically wakes up with 99 and ends the day close to 101. Does anybody out there know if there might be a connection between dysphagia and fevers? Is it possible that inflammation might exist elsewhere? Or do both have no ties to one another and might this be typical fever for this age?

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.