Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Daughter gas issues
melbug32 posted:
My daughter 8 does synchronized swimming at a local club and has had a few issues with 'passing gas' at certain times. It's probably more fair to say that the girls where my dd goes to train at find farting a little too funny at times and just amongst us parents when your watching practice and one of the girls farts they all start to giggle and become side tracked. My daughter is a particular offender of this sort of behavior and I sometimes wonder if I should be doing more to prevent it?

Last week for example, her and a team mate were doing a duet routine at a comp when in the middle of it my daughter farted and her and her team up ended up fighting over the bubbles it caused. Another time her synchro swim team were sitting around their instructor preping for a routine when one of them ripped a fart out of nowhere.

I always thought little girls grew out of this sort of thing by this age is there any reason for this kind of behaviour?

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.