Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

12 year old with stomach pain
erinova posted:
My 12 year old daughter began having constant stomach pains 4 days ago. During this bout of complaints, she also has on-off temple pain with dizziness. She is not constipated, does not have a fever, has not changed her diet. The only real change in her life was 14 days ago she began taking calcium supplements and received a tetanus & gardisil injection. She went to see her pediatrian 2 days ago and upon examination believed her complaints are a result of acid reflex because of her tenderness between the bottom portion of her rib cage. No diagnosis for the headache/dizziness. We have begun a 20mg, twice a day regiment of pepcid, but her complaints are unchanged. My daughter is normally very active but because of her current complaints her activity has ceased. It is not related to her menstrual cycle. Can you provide your thoughts?

teeny79 responded:
I am starting to think that these symptoms could be a virus. My daughter is 8 and hasn't had any injections but has been having some stomach pain and dizzyness also. Gas pains tend to be pretty high up in the stomach, usually just under the ribs and are quite painful there is no certain position to sit or lay that will relieve the pain either. There is something i can't remember the name but it will cause the stomach pains and gas but it is a virus and will go away i don't remember if it causes dizzyness but it is painful. I had it when i was younger and it took a week or so to go away. You could try giving her some gas-x or beano or something like that and see if it helps but if it doesn't get any better within a week i would take her back to the doc.

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.