Cool cup, I'm going to tell my sister about it. To this day she can not swallow pills unless she chops them up and she is on daily meds, so this should be a great help.
All my kids for what ever reason wanted to take meds in pill form from a very young age. It was hard to get some meds in pill form, in the right dose for them as the majority of children would only do liquids. Even our pedi was surprised with their preference.
Maybe they picked it up from me, I don't take much in the way of medication, even over the counter cold remedies I find them to be a waste of money but I do occasionally take motrin for my back pain ( I have had 5 major surgeries on it) and I usually will just dry swallow a pill or take with a tiny sip of water. I developed this habit as a teen when I was having many many surgeries and was required to take many different meds, daily. It became a game to see who (I was in a long term care hospital for 2 years with other children) could swallow the most pills without a drink!?! we drove the nurses crazy!
Our now 22 yr old daughter was about 14 yrs old & was no longer prescribed liquids but could not swallow pills at all when after hours of research we found a simple solution: when taking the pill, drink from a bottle (soda, water, juice, anything). That simple.
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.