Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to group! 4 month preemie son
knelson09 posted:
Hi everyone! My names Katie i'm from Sylvania ohio and I'm 20 years old. My husband and I had our son on april 26, 2009 4 months and 1 week early. Despite it being my first pregnancy and everything throughout went great and was normal I for some unknown reason went into labor and delivered at 23 weeks. Gavin was born at 1 lb. 6.9 oz. 11.5 in. long. after 4 months in the NICU Gavin is now home. He is 6 months old but technically 2 months. He is 11 lbs. 10 oz. and 21 in. long. He is thriving and we are so proud of him. He is a little fighter

bcmom1 responded:
Congratulations Katie! What an amazing little boy you have Almost 12 lbs at 2 months old is really good. I'm glad that you have him home and hope that he continues to do so well.

cheeezie25 responded:
Hi Katie! I am glad to hear your little man is doing so well!

simerlm responded:
Hi! Wow! He is truly a little miracle! It is amazing how resilient their little bodies are.

Jamelita responded:
Congratulations! I'm so sorry you had to go through such an ordeal, but am happy to hear that your son is doing so well.

mommyofmkz responded:
Hi. I've never posted on this board before but my best friend just had her baby on November 7th at 25 weeks and 6 days. Her water broke at 23 weeks but they were able to keep him in there for a few more weeks. He weighed 2lbs even and he's 13 inches long. My friend was able to get the steroids for his lungs and he was only on a ventilator for less than a day. He's breathing on his own now and doing great so far. I was wondering if you maybe kept a blog or a journal online or something that my friend could read. She keeps asking me whats going to happen and what to expect but I had 3 full term babies so I really only know what I've seen on the baby show's and read online I have no personal experience with preemies. The really Ironic thing is her baby's name is Gavin also and we also live in Ohio!! If you could help in any way please send me an email my email addy is lilshortiechica at yahoo . com I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me about your experience so I can help my friend out

Tara8200 responded:
wow! so young! isnt it amazing at how well these nicus are equipped nowadays. im truly thankful for the one we have that my son is in atm.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Misty. I am the proud mother of three gorgeous children. Alexander is the oldest. He's 9.His favorite thing to do is play video games....More

Helpful Tips

Baby Monitor Recall - Check your brand!
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/big-recall-of-baby-835293.html More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.