Skip to content
just found this forum
Kaila1976 posted:
and wanted to share my experience with my preemie!

My son was born on June 18th 2009 exactly 5 weeks early. He weighed 5lb 1oz and 18 inches long. He spend his first 2 wks in the NICU and was discharged on my birthday! It was the best present I could ever get!

He spent his first 3 days of life on CPAP and then was breathing on his own without the need of oxygen or a tube or anything. He ate my breast milk through a tube for 3 or 4 days and then a bottle, breast or the tube which they left in his nose just in case! He is now 4 and a half months old and weighs 14lb 7.5 oz and is 27 inches long! He is measuring in the 50th percentile for height and weight on the regular baby growth chart (not the preemie one) and passed his developmental assessment for 4 months with flying colors! I'm so proud of him! My man!

Hugs,

Kaila

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! I'm Christine, and I had my son, Brandon, in January 2009 at 33w4d due to PROM. He is amazing!

Helpful Tips

How to Upload a Photo to Your Post!
With all of the fun holidays coming up from Halloween and Thanksgiving to Christmas and New Years, there will be a multitude of precious ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.