Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Truly Grateful
newmommy1209 posted:
My son is still in NICU because of the stress all his organs have been through since he wasn't getting enough oxygen in the womb. He is doing better everyday and might get off the breathing tube today! When we went to see him last night the nurse showed us what would replace the tube. She showed us on a very premature twin. Let me tell you my heart broke in half when I saw this baby, she was so small you could see all her bones and her twin was just the same. I know we all are going through such a hard time with our little ones but this just made me so grateful for all we have. Our support system has been great, the nurses are simply angels, the doctors are amazing and just the things that we are able to do today for this babies. My thoughts and prayers are going out for every baby that is having a hard time. I hope all goes well for those babies and their families.

simerlm responded:
Yay, for progress! The Nicu is a very sobering place. In the same instant you can be heartbroken and grateful. I have respect for every parent who goes through a Nicu experience.

Tara8200 responded:
i truly understand the whole nicu experience. my poor baby is so small he hasnt quite gotten all his baby fat, hes all wrinkly and skinny. mine will be there until about xmas and its hard and we have so much support im grateful. my thoughts and prayers are with you. :lightsmile:

newmommy1209 responded:
Tara- I can't even imagine what that is like knowing he'll be in there that long. I will be praying for your little boy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been moderating message boards at WebMD for 7 years now. Working within all area's of WebMD. I am the mother of 5 children. 4 boys rangin...More

Helpful Tips

Baby Monitor Recall - Check your brand!
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/big-recall-of-baby-835293.html More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 12 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.