Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New here!!
Kristin888 posted:
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself!! I had a c-section on Christmas eve because of severe pre-e...I was 29w5d. Savannah was born at 12:14 pm weighing 2lbs 9oz, 15 inches long! She was taken off her cpap machine today and put on a smaller one that is less invasive (cant think of what the nurse called it), but she doesn't have the oxygen on anymore! She also has a picc line in her arm for her iv fluids. All in all she is doing really well...she gained 4 oz last night!! They are giving her my breastmilk through a tube down her throat, and will hopefully try a bottle in a week or 2!!

simerlm responded:
It sounds like she is doing really well. Congratulations! Welcome to the world baby Savannah! It sounds like you have a really great attitude about the whole thing also. Is it the nasal cannula that she is on now? That one has just the little prongs sticking into the nose. And her weight gain sounds really amazing. You've got a very special little girl. Congratulations again!

Jamelita responded:
Congratulations :smile: Sounds like she's doing great! Keep up that pumping...and know that you CAN transition her to nursing. Many of us have done it...it's not easy but well worth the effort!

Kristin888 responded:
Thanks! Yes, it is the nasal cannula that she is on now, and we just had rounds with the drs and they said she will be off that really soon! As of today they have increased her feeds to 4cc's an hour, and reduced her tpn!!! The drs are very impressed with how well she is doing, and DH and I are just so amazed that we brought this little girl into the world!

newmommy1209 responded:
congrats on your little girl. i hope you get her home asap.

cheeezie25 responded:
Congrats on your little one! It sounds like she is doing really really well! Good luck and take care!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

Pumping in the NICU
It has been a little while since I stopped pumping, and it has been much much longer since DS has been in the NICU, but I thought I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.