Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update on Josephine
skerina posted:
Josephine is doing amazingly well!

She's been off oxygen for a little over a week, and out of the incubator for a week. She pulled her own feeding tube out twice last night, so they decided to leave it out, as long as she takes her food from either bottle or breast...so far, so good. She's up to 4 pounds, 6 oz, well over her birth weight of 4 pounds. Once she hits 4 pounds, 8 oz., they'll do her car seat test. As long as she keeps taking her food by mouth, we're getting close to going home!

-Amber

Jamelita responded:
Congrats! Sounds like she'll be home soon!

ReptileGirl responded:
Yay! GRATS!!! My son yanked out his tube too...right after he started eating just fine from the bottle. I think they are telling us, I can do it now!!!"

simerlm responded:
That's so great!! Congratulations! I hope you get her home soon!

skerina responded:
Well, Josephine came home on 2-7, just in time to watch the Super Bowl at home. We're doing well, although older sister is still not quite sure what to make of this new little person (she'd never spent time around babies).

-Amber

simerlm responded:
Yay for coming home!! Isn't it great to be all together as a family finally? Congrats!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Misty. I am the proud mother of three gorgeous children. Alexander is the oldest. He's 9.His favorite thing to do is play video games....More

Helpful Tips

Pumping in the NICU
It has been a little while since I stopped pumping, and it has been much much longer since DS has been in the NICU, but I thought I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.