Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What Would Make It Better?
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hi members!

I'll start by saying that I know everyone would like the old boards back, but they are no longer available. And honestly, they were not working well anymore, which was why we needed to implement something new.

We want to make the reading and interacting on the new forums less confusing, and in order to do that we need you to tell us exactly what you find the hardest to do. Give us as many concrete details as you can.

• Is it hard to read because your board/conversations move too fast?
  • Is it because the What's Happening Now feed only shows what's new?
  • Is it because you can only see 15 posts at a time on the What's Happening Now page?
  • Is the page too cluttered?

Tell us exactly what makes it hard or confusing and how you'd like it to behave.

We will pass all of your comments and suggestions along to our engineering and management teams and keep you informed about what changes are coming.

Take care,
Emma

ReptileGirl responded:
I'm pretty much getting used to the news boards...though I do get annoyed having to click "see all discussions" so I can see the original post/topic displayed. It would be nice if I could select to change it permanently.

cheeezie25 responded:
Here are some of my thoughts in response to your questions:

Is it hard to read because your board/conversations move too fast?
-No, not at all. I think that conversations are actually moving more slowly with the new format.

Is it because the What's Happening Now feed only shows what's new?
-No, this was same with the old board, so I don't think that is the problem either.

Is it because you can only see 15 posts at a time on the What's Happening Now page?
-Yes! You don't see as many new posts and you need to scroll alot to see all of the front page posts.

Is the page too cluttered?
Sort of. I don't think the problem is with the amount of content so much as the layout of the content. None of the separate sections (e.g., Helpful Tips, Popular Discussions, etc.) are deliniated by borders or colors so they all just tend to blob together on the white background. I have actually clicked on the wrong links a few times because it is so hard to see when one section ends and another begins. I also personally am not a fan of having bits of the post conversation show up under the title on the front page... it takes up too much room, and if I like the title, I will just click on the link anyway.

One other dislike is that the most recent poster's name shows up under the post title on the main page. I find that this makes it more difficult to track posts that you may want to follow. I don't think it would be bad to include the name of the last poster, but I think the name of the original poster should also be included for consistency. HTH!

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to cheeezie25's response:
Thanks Ladies, I have copied these and sent them up.

Take care,
Emma

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been moderating message boards at WebMD for 7 years now. Working within all area's of WebMD. I am the mother of 5 children. 4 boys rangin...More

Helpful Tips

Baby Monitor Recall - Check your brand!
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/big-recall-of-baby-835293.html More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 12 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.