Skip to content
Intoduction/poll
simerlm posted:
This board has seemed pretty dead since the switch, so let's introduce ourselves with a little poll to see who stuck around.

1. How many weeks gestation was your LO?

2. Birth weight/length?

3. How long were you in the NICU, if at all?

4. Why was he/she born early?

5. How big is your LO now?

6. Newest accomplishment?

simerlm responded:
1. How many weeks gestation was your LO? 31 weeks

2. Birth weight/length? 2 lbs. 8 oz 13 3/4 in

3. How long were you in the NICU, if at all? 5 weeks

4. Why was he/she born early? I had severe preeclampsia.

5. How big is your LO now? She is 19 lbs. 6 oz and 28 1/2 in as of 18 month appointment. She is 19 months now.

6. Newest accomplishment? She is starting to talk and really let us know what she wants.

ReptileGirl responded:
1. 35 weeks

2. 3 lbs 8 ounces...17 3/4inches

3. 2 weeks

4. placenta died/no nutrition to the baby....luckily my water broke and he survived! We would never have known in time otherwise...God's hands at work for sure!

5. About 22 pounds...maybe around 30 inches (next appt in a week) He is currently 15 months old.

6. Just took his first steps a few days ago!

cheeezie25 responded:
1. How many weeks gestation was your LO? 33w4d

2. Birth weight/length? 5lbs 2oz, 18 1/2 inches

3. How long were you in the NICU, if at all? 3 weeks

4. Why was he/she born early? I had PROM... I was sick all day, and my water just ended up breaking that night! Other than that, I had a totally uneventful pregnancy.

5. How big is your LO now? He is 13 1/2 months now. I am not sure of his exact measurements now, but at his 12 month appt he was 22lbs 6oz and 32 inches tall... he is my little stringbean!

6. Newest accomplishment? He's just recently learned to give us kisses! He is also starting to make some progress with his shape sorter. He will sometimes try to put the shape in the wrong slot, but if you point to the right hole the shape is supposed to go in, he can usually manuver around the shape to get it in!

wonderland09 responded:
1. 36 weeks 2 days
2. 4lbs 14oz, 18"
3. I was in the ICU for about 2 days due to hypertension, DS never went.
4. I had preeclampsia and during a routine, or what I thought was going to be a routine doctors appointment, his heartrate was really slow and low on the doppler so they rushed me to surgery, knocked me out completely and I woke up in the ICU because my blood pressure wouldn't go down.
5. At his 9 month appt he was 18 lbs 9.5oz and like 28 or 28 1/2 inches long

6. He claps his hands and says "yaaaay" when you ask him to...well sometimes. He still makes monster sounds and can stand alone for a few seconds, but has not taken a step.

bcmom1 responded:
1. How many weeks gestation was your LO? 28 weeks

2. Birth weight/length? 2 lbs, 7 oz. 15 "

3. How long were you in the NICU, if at all? 51 days

4. Why was he/she born early? Placental abruption from blood clotting disorder

5. How big is your LO now? Lana will be 2 in April, she is somewhere around 25 pounds.

6. Newest accomplishment? Lana has been pooping in the potty, can't quite get pee down. She just started sleeping in a toddler bed. Her biggest setback from being a preemie was difficulty eating and delayed speech. Her eating has improved greatly, she had pizza for lunch today. Her speech is gradually coming along. She is able to get her point across and she uses sign language well. She's hard to understand, but I expect that's pretty normal for her age.

RachelGNickH responded:
1. 1. How many weeks gestation was your LO? 31 weeks

2. Birth weight/length? 3 lbs 7 oz 16 inches

3. How long were you in the NICU, if at all? 4.5 weeks

4. Why was he/she born early? PPROM. I was told that there was no reason and that sometimes it just happens.

5. How big is your LO now? As of a week ago she weighed in at 4 lbs 13 oz and 17.5 inches (6 weeks old.)

6. Newest accomplishment? she is lifting her head up to look around EVERYWHERE while being burped.

Kristin888 responded:
1. 29w6d
2. 2lbs 9oz and 15in long
3. We were in the NICU for 8 weeks
4. I had very severe preeclampsia
5. She is 3 months and 7lbs 6oz!!
6. She lifts her head up to look around and is drinking 3-4 oz per feeding!!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/kristinjohnson

jmcl responded:
1. How many weeks gestation was your LO? 29 weeks

2. Birth weight/length? 2lbs. 13 oz. 15 in.

3. How long were you in the NICU, if at all? 48 days

4. Why was he/she born early? severe pre-e

5. How big is your LO now? 11 lbs. 20 inches @ 5 mos.

6. Newest accomplishment? playing with her bouncer toys
and watching her big sister.

twins_2_be responded:
  1. 26 weeks
  2. Aidyn was 2.1lb 15 in; Wyatt was 1.13lb 13.5in and ^Trevor ^ was 1.13oz 13 in
  3. Aidyn was in there for 2 1/2 months and Wyatt was in there for 4 1/2 months and Trevor passed at 5 weeks
  4. Incompetent cervix...had a cerclage and still dilated to 10cm
  5. Aidyn is almost 20lb and 31 in and Wyatt is 16lb and about 28-29 in and they are 14 1/2 months
  6. Aidyn is trying to walk but hasnt yet but is cruising and Wyatt is rolling everywhere and said daade tonight

KimP1014 responded:
1. How many weeks gestation was your LO? 27 weeks 2 days

2. Birth weight/length? 2 lbs 7 oz 14 inches

3. How long were you in the NICU, if at all? 10 weeks 4 days

4. Why was he/she born early? At 23 weeks 4 days, we thought my water broke. It is there I found that the two sacs failed to fuse and the outer layer ruptured. At 24 weeks 2 days the inner sac ruptured. After 3 weeks I had an infection set in. At delivery they found I had a polyp which caused the placenta to seperate, which caused my water to break.

5. How big is your LO now? At the end of March he was 24 lbs 31 inches, at 16 months actual.

6. Newest accomplishment? He just started walking!

j9ween2 responded:
32w 5d

4lbs 8oz / 18 in

she's still in the hospital (2 weeks & counting)

I had a procedure done called a PUBS where the doc sticks a needle into the cord to see how many platelets the baby has. The baby didn't like it, they knocked me out & took her

I think as of last night she was 4 lbs 13.3oz

She latched tonight and took 34 cc's.

vendittogirl responded:
1. How many weeks gestation was your LO? 25 w/ 4 days

2. Birth weight/length? 12.6 oz

3. How long were you in the NICU, if at all? since 3/12 and still counting

4. Why was he/she born early? 40% placental abruption, no amniotic fluid, and growth retardation at 21 weeks

5. How big is your LO now? 2lbs 7oz

6. Newest accomplishment? no more vent, no more IVs, no more meds

morwilmom responded:
My daughter was born at 25 weeks.
She weighed 1lb 5oz
She was in the NICU for 3 1/2 months.
I went into cardio pulmonary failure so they had to deliver her early.
She just turned six!
She just learned how to do a fli[p off of the diving board(its a summersalt but we call it a flip).

hannah66212 responded:
1. How many weeks gestation was your LO? 25 weeks 6 days

2. Birth weight/length? 2 pds 2 oz. 13 inches long

3. How long were you in the NICU, if at all? 2 1/2 months

4. Why was he/she born early? He just wanted to be here.

5. How big is your LO now? He is 6 months old now and is around 15 pds. He is months adjusted age

6. Newest accomplishment? He is teething like no other. He can old his head up and roll from front to back.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Misty. I am the proud mother of three gorgeous children. Alexander is the oldest. He's 9.His favorite thing to do is play video games....More

Helpful Tips

How to Upload a Photo to Your Post!
With all of the fun holidays coming up from Halloween and Thanksgiving to Christmas and New Years, there will be a multitude of precious ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.