Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Getting to know you
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
I thought it might be nice to help everyone, including myself to get to know everyone a bit better. So lets play a little game.

1. How many children do you have? (I have 5 children ranging in age from 16 to 9 weeks, my 4 older children are boys)

2. Are you the mom, the dad, the grandparent, or someone else? (I'm the mom)

3. Does a parent stay home with your child/children or do they go to daycare? (both of us work from home)

4. Was parenthood exactly what you thought it would be? (I was a nanny for a few years and helped raise my 2 younger sister 9 & 11 years younger than me, so parenthood was really what I thought it would be)

5. Do you want more children? (no)

Come on lets all get to know each other!

Take care,
Emma

simerlm responded:
1. How many children do you have? I have three children, DS 9, DD#1 will be 7 in less than two weeks, DD#2 19.5 months

2. Are you the mom, the dad, the grandparent, or someone else? I'm the mom

3. Does a parent stay home with your child/children or do they go to daycare? I stay home.

4. Was parenthood exactly what you thought it would be? I would say that it was pretty close. I am the second of five children, so I helped take care of my younger siblings. I was unprepared for how fiercely I would love my children, though.
5. Do you want more children? no

cheeezie25 responded:
1. How many children do you have? Just one! My little man Brandon :)

2. Are you the mom, the dad, the grandparent, or someone else? I'm the mommy!

3. Does a parent stay home with your child/children or do they go to daycare? DH and I switch off shifts during the day to take care of DS. DH works from about 4-8am. When he gets home, I head to work. It is exhausting, but it worked. I think we are going to try and do daycare soon, but til then...

4. Was parenthood exactly what you thought it would be? I don't think I had many expections going into it, so no!

5. Do you want more children? Maybe, but not anytime soon!

bcmom1 responded:
1. How many children do you have? I have one little girl and another little girl on the way. Lana will be 2 on Saturday and the next one is due on May 1st (although I've been on bedrest because she was trying to be impatient like her sister:)

2. Are you the mom, the dad, the grandparent, or someone else? I'm the mama

3. Does a parent stay home with your child/children or do they go to daycare? My husband is in nursing school, so his schedule changes often. Lana goes to daycare 2x a week and my mother-in-law watches her the other days for a few hours. My parents are retiring next month and will help out with both girls. 2 kids in daycare is way too expensive.

4. Was parenthood exactly what you thought it would be? Parenthood has become exactly what I thought it would be now that Lana is older and way more active. Caring for a preemie was a challenge we did not expect. It was really hard for me to be her mother while she was in the hospital, I really just felt like a caretaker or babysitter. Once she was home, it was easier to bond with her and now I wouldn't change anything for the world!

5. Do you want more children? Besides the one on the way, I would like to have one more. It will depend on how the delivery goes for this one. I have a blood clotting disorder and barely survived Lana's birth. Assuming everything goes well this time, we may try again.

Jamelita responded:
1. How many children do you have? Two girls, 21 months and 2 months

2. Are you the mom, the dad, the grandparent, or someone else? Mom

3. Does a parent stay home with your child/children or do they go to daycare? I stay home

4. Was parenthood exactly what you thought it would be? I didn't know what to expect, so I can't really answer.

5. Do you want more children? No!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! I'm Christine, and I had my son, Brandon, in January 2009 at 33w4d due to PROM. He is amazing!

Helpful Tips

How to Upload a Photo to Your Post!
With all of the fun holidays coming up from Halloween and Thanksgiving to Christmas and New Years, there will be a multitude of precious ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.