Skip to content
Getting to know you
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
I thought it might be nice to help everyone, including myself to get to know everyone a bit better. So lets play a little game.

1. How many children do you have? (I have 5 children ranging in age from 16 to 9 weeks, my 4 older children are boys)

2. Are you the mom, the dad, the grandparent, or someone else? (I'm the mom)

3. Does a parent stay home with your child/children or do they go to daycare? (both of us work from home)

4. Was parenthood exactly what you thought it would be? (I was a nanny for a few years and helped raise my 2 younger sister 9 & 11 years younger than me, so parenthood was really what I thought it would be)

5. Do you want more children? (no)

Come on lets all get to know each other!

Take care,
Emma

simerlm responded:
1. How many children do you have? I have three children, DS 9, DD#1 will be 7 in less than two weeks, DD#2 19.5 months

2. Are you the mom, the dad, the grandparent, or someone else? I'm the mom

3. Does a parent stay home with your child/children or do they go to daycare? I stay home.

4. Was parenthood exactly what you thought it would be? I would say that it was pretty close. I am the second of five children, so I helped take care of my younger siblings. I was unprepared for how fiercely I would love my children, though.
5. Do you want more children? no

cheeezie25 responded:
1. How many children do you have? Just one! My little man Brandon

2. Are you the mom, the dad, the grandparent, or someone else? I'm the mommy!

3. Does a parent stay home with your child/children or do they go to daycare? DH and I switch off shifts during the day to take care of DS. DH works from about 4-8am. When he gets home, I head to work. It is exhausting, but it worked. I think we are going to try and do daycare soon, but til then...

4. Was parenthood exactly what you thought it would be? I don't think I had many expections going into it, so no!

5. Do you want more children? Maybe, but not anytime soon!

bcmom1 responded:
1. How many children do you have? I have one little girl and another little girl on the way. Lana will be 2 on Saturday and the next one is due on May 1st (although I've been on bedrest because she was trying to be impatient like her sister:)

2. Are you the mom, the dad, the grandparent, or someone else? I'm the mama

3. Does a parent stay home with your child/children or do they go to daycare? My husband is in nursing school, so his schedule changes often. Lana goes to daycare 2x a week and my mother-in-law watches her the other days for a few hours. My parents are retiring next month and will help out with both girls. 2 kids in daycare is way too expensive.

4. Was parenthood exactly what you thought it would be? Parenthood has become exactly what I thought it would be now that Lana is older and way more active. Caring for a preemie was a challenge we did not expect. It was really hard for me to be her mother while she was in the hospital, I really just felt like a caretaker or babysitter. Once she was home, it was easier to bond with her and now I wouldn't change anything for the world!

5. Do you want more children? Besides the one on the way, I would like to have one more. It will depend on how the delivery goes for this one. I have a blood clotting disorder and barely survived Lana's birth. Assuming everything goes well this time, we may try again.

Jamelita responded:
1. How many children do you have? Two girls, 21 months and 2 months

2. Are you the mom, the dad, the grandparent, or someone else? Mom

3. Does a parent stay home with your child/children or do they go to daycare? I stay home

4. Was parenthood exactly what you thought it would be? I didn't know what to expect, so I can't really answer.

5. Do you want more children? No!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been moderating message boards at WebMD for 7 years now. Working within all area's of WebMD. I am the mother of 5 children. 4 boys rangin...More

Helpful Tips

Baby Monitor Recall - Check your brand!
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/big-recall-of-baby-835293.html More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 12 found this helpful