Skip to content
mt premature grandaughter Aaliyah!
angcoronel posted:
My grandaughter Aaliyah was born premature at 24weeks on September 24,2009. She spent 2 months in the hospital and then was released. Since her release date Aaliyah has been in and out of the hospital and also seeing a gastro doctor. Aaliyah has refluex and has a very bad cough. The doctor say they cannot give her anything due to her being born premature. It is very frustrating she is coughing all the time to the point where she gets really red. My daughter i really upset it kills her to see her coughing all night and day. Is there really nothing these doctors can give her for this cough? Albuterol is all they have given her and its really not helping.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi angcoronel,

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! You sound like a wonderful mother and grandmother with your concerns. Here is a link to Acid Reflux in Babies with information on the causes, symptoms and lifestyle measures that may help to treat your precious little one.

Acid Reflux (GERD) in Babies and Children
http://children.webmd.com/infants-children

Hopefully, this will be of some help. If you feel that your baby is not getting the adequate attention that she deserves from her doctor, it is always okay to get a second opinion.

Best Wishes,
Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was a 24-weeker, and am now nearly 21. I was 1lb, 10 oz at birth, and had retinopathy of prematurity, a grade 3 IVH, and required surfactant to aid ...More

Helpful Tips

Pumping in the NICU
It has been a little while since I stopped pumping, and it has been much much longer since DS has been in the NICU, but I thought I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.