Skip to content
I HAVE 20MTH OLD THAT WAS BORN AT 24WKS N A 17MTHS OLD THAT WAS BORN AT 28 WKS!!!
proudofmy2 posted:
I HAVE TIRED EVERYTHING TO STOP THEIR RUNNY NOSES N COUGH.. BUT EVERYTHING I BUY OR THA DOCTOR PRESCRIBES... NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK THEY BOTH NOW HAVE TUBES IN THEIR EARS THAT STILL DOESN'T STOP THAT EAR INFECTIONS.. YEAR ROUND I KNOW THEY STAY SICK I KNOW BY MY BABIES BEING BORN SO EARLY THEIR IMMUNE SYSTEM ARE NOT STRONG... I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO PREVENT THESE COLDS AND RUNNY NOSES.. I HATE SEEING THEM SICK ALL THA TIME THEY REALLY CANT GO OUT TO DA WATERPARKS N DO FUN LIL KIDS STUFF CAUSE THEY STAY SICK WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE IT BETTER FOR ME AND MY TWO????

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi proudofmy2,

I am sorry about these constant symptoms and understand your concerns. Are the little one's running fevers, too? If the doctor says that they can use ear plugs to swim maybe getting out of the house would be good for them as long as no fevers are present?

I am not a medical professional and don't know your situation in regards to everything that you have tried as well as how bad their symptoms tend to get. I am a mother though and do know that it is awful to watch your children when they are feeling uncomfortable and sick. My daughter often got many runny noses and coughs that came and went with exposure to all sorts of things. She was not too concerned about germs and no matter how much we keep up with them, they do have tendencies to attract colds from others and exploring. Here is an article that I found about infant cold's and how to deal with them.

DEALING WITH YOUR INFANT'S COLD
http://blogs.webmd.com/all-ears/2010/03/dealing-with-your-infants-cold.html

If you feel that your pediatrician isn't handling things properly and your children are experiencing more sickness than others, maybe you should seek a second opinion. I hope that your family finds relief and you are able to enjoy each day a little better. Please keep us posted.
Best Wishes! Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been moderating message boards at WebMD for 7 years now. Working within all area's of WebMD. I am the mother of 5 children. 4 boys rangin...More

Helpful Tips

How to Upload a Photo to Your Post!
With all of the fun holidays coming up from Halloween and Thanksgiving to Christmas and New Years, there will be a multitude of precious ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.