Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Im new to this. Im 23 weeks pregnant and on bed rest.
riccistuck posted:
When i was 22 weeks, my water broke. Ive been stuck in the hospital since. Im board and scard, not a very good combo. I know my daughter is going to be born early, Im prepared for that. My first child was born @ 32 weeks, but he was healthy and just had to gain weight. This is alittle more serious. Im looking for someone thats gone through something like 'hospitalized bedrest' and premies this early. Can anyone help me?

jody1079 responded:
I was hospitalized complete bed rest, on mag and other fun drugs starting at 23w6d. Hang in there and do your best to stay positive (way eaiser said then done). There is group called sidelines that has women that have been in your situation. Look them up on the web and get a support person. My boys ended up delivering at 25w4d. Honestly it was not easy but they made it through the 3 month NICU stay and are now 1 year adjusted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! I'm Christine, and I had my son, Brandon, in January 2009 at 33w4d due to PROM. He is amazing!

Helpful Tips

Pumping in the NICU
It has been a little while since I stopped pumping, and it has been much much longer since DS has been in the NICU, but I thought I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.