Skip to content
Accomplishments By Your Preemie
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
My biggest worry with my preemie, who is now a tall 4-year-old precious girl, was lung development. When she was born, she needed treatment to breath as many premature babies do from underdeveloped lungs. As she got to the age of 2, my LO developed the beginning stages of asthma and was using a respirator quite often throughout the day. After staying on top of her treatments, speaking regularly to her pediatrician and avoiding her triggers, she is now able to take a small dose of seasonal allergy medicine and be happy healthy girl. I am so proud of her hard work and listening to better her health! :-D

What has been your biggest fear with your preemie and his/her biggest accomplishment? Please share your stories as a proud mother! :)
Best Wishes!
Amelia

simerlm responded:
I think her growth and development has been a big source of worry for me. She was born at 31 weeks, but had stopped growing at about 27 weeks. She was such a skinny little thing when she was born. She gained weight at about the slowest rate possible, I think! Finallly at her two year check up, she made it onto the growth charts. That was a very big deal to me! She also has had a year of developmental therapy because she was tested and found to be behind in fine motor skills and communication. Most of it was because she was just so small. Now, she is caught up and will be graduating from therapy. Yay! She is happy, healthy and beautiful. I am so proud of her and feel so lucky to have her in my life!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to simerlm's response:
Simerlm,

This is sweet to hear! Congratulations to your precious daughter accomplishing so much. I hope that you are also proud of yourself for keeping up with her therapy. You sound like a remarkable mother! My little one was also behind in the motor skills department and I still find myself having to push her to try things that her friends are doing, such as riding a bike, climbing certain playground equipment. I think that sometimes her fears get the best of her, but it is so rewarding to see their little faces when they realize that they can do these things with practice!! Keep up the good work and I hope to hear more about your sweet daughter!
Best Wishes! Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Jennifer, my husband David and I have two gorgeous baby girls. Our oldest is Lyla born August 2008 and Gracyn was born October 2009 at 29 wee...More

Helpful Tips

Baby Monitor Recall - Check your brand!
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/big-recall-of-baby-835293.html More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.