Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Desatuarion in Preemie born at 35 weeks?
jacobson210 posted:
I had twins at 35 weeks, Baby A was in distress in my stomach and B was doing terrific. Now they are born, almost 37 weeks gestation and Baby A is perfect and Baby B is still in the NICU and having breathing episodes while she eats. Her lips turn blue and she looses her breathe, they are thinking of sending my baby home on a monitor. Has anyone experienced this?

simerlm responded:
My daughter was born at 31 weeks. They sent her home on an apnea monitor. Is that what you're talking about? We had to go through a training session on how to use the monitor and things like that. I was kind of glad that they sent her home on the monitor because then I could sleep, knowing that if she had a problem, the monitor would go off and wake me up. It wasn't a big deal. It was just a matter of making sure the leads were on correctly and the battery was charged. I hope this answered your question! Congratulations on your twins!

j9ween2 responded:
DD2 was a 32 weeker & she would do that too. It held her back from being released. I think she had to go 48 or 72 hours without any episodes before coming home. With her it happened when she was eating. She was finally released and I noticed it one of the first nights she was home. Luckily I noticed it & rubbed her hard & she came back to normal & then immediately did it again. I rubbed her again & got her breathing again. Thankfully that was the last time it happened

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Misty. I am the proud mother of three gorgeous children. Alexander is the oldest. He's 9.His favorite thing to do is play video games....More

Helpful Tips

Pumping in the NICU
It has been a little while since I stopped pumping, and it has been much much longer since DS has been in the NICU, but I thought I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.