Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Milestone questions
cdjd82406 posted:
I was wondering when your LO's started talking? My little Emily is babbling in her own language but I am not sure when she will actually start saying mama and dada. She already rolls from front to back and back to front. Is that good or should she be doing more?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
How old is Emily? And how preemie was she?

Here's a link to an article on development that can give you some additional information. I would always encourage you to check in with your baby's doctor if you have any concerns!

Expert Q&A - Baby Development

You can also check out the other parenting and baby communities here that might offer more feedback!

WebMD Parenting Communities

ShortStuff_05 responded:
My little cousin was born 1lb 6 oz, and didn't start talking until he was 2 and a half years old. Now he's almost 5 and is a chatterbox. Other than his delayed speech and small size, he was ahead of other babies his 'adjusted age' developmentally, even walking before he outgrew 3-6 month clothes. The thing with preemies is that they all learn and develop on their own time. All babies do, but preemies are even more unpredictable than full term babies. If you're concerned your daughter isn't where she should be, I would recommend talking with her doctor. He/she could give you better advice than we could here.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

Pumping in the NICU
It has been a little while since I stopped pumping, and it has been much much longer since DS has been in the NICU, but I thought I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.