Skip to content
visting with baby
An_221770 posted:
I have a son that was born at 25 wks 5 days. He is going to be released for the hospital within the next 10 days. I was wondering how long I need to wait before allowing visitors over and taking him to church. Doctor says a year.....

babyjamesmommy responded:
He is 12 weeks old now....due date was July 7

ShortStuff_05 replied to babyjamesmommy's response:
It depends on your baby's overall health and how developed his immune system is, but when a baby reaches 6-7 pounds usually the immune system is developed enough to be around people...obviously you don't want to invite sick people over, but if your visitors are healthy then it shouldn't be an issue. However, some preemies have weakened immune systems long after birth, and only your baby's doctor would know best when he's ready to be mingling with the general public.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Jennifer, my husband David and I have two gorgeous baby girls. Our oldest is Lyla born August 2008 and Gracyn was born October 2009 at 29 wee...More

Helpful Tips

How to Upload a Photo to Your Post!
With all of the fun holidays coming up from Halloween and Thanksgiving to Christmas and New Years, there will be a multitude of precious ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.