Skip to content
ccon1
ccon1 posted:
My daughter had identical twin girls that had twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome. The girls were 30 1/2 weeks at birth and are now 2+ months old. The donor baby is still in the hospital and is not producing enough red blood cells, despite 3-4 transfusions and iron supplementation. She has also had blood in her stool. One attending gave her one Epo shot, but a new attending took over and took her off the Epo and transfused her one more time. That was a week ago and the baby is showing signs of anemia again. Any suggestions for a different and more effective treatment or what an over-looked cause may be?

Anon_154542 responded:
have they checked her heart? my grandson had the same issue and the doctor thought he might have an enlarged heart.....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Jennifer, my husband David and I have two gorgeous baby girls. Our oldest is Lyla born August 2008 and Gracyn was born October 2009 at 29 wee...More

Helpful Tips

Pumping in the NICU
It has been a little while since I stopped pumping, and it has been much much longer since DS has been in the NICU, but I thought I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful