Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
33w3d
An_245503 posted:
I went to the hospital the other night with contractions, && they checked me, and i was 50% effaced & 1 cm dialated, they checked me two hours later and said i was 75% effaced, && 2 cm dialated...they ended up letting me go home, because they got the contractions to stop, but told me no strenuos (sp) activity,.. At 30 weeks, my babies estimated weight was 4lb 2oz. I got diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and everything, well when they did an u/s in the hospital the other night, she was 5lb 7oz...if for some reason my baby comes within the next couple days, is she going to make it? will she be okay? how long would she have to be in the nicu? anything would help...i'm really scared this is my first baby

cbryan32 responded:
gave birth at 33 weeks 2days. My son was born very healthy. In fact he never even required oxygen. He has also never set off any of his alarms in the NICU. The only thing I am waiting on is him learning how to feed, which most preemies have to learn! The good thing is that little girls catch on to this A LOT faster than little boys from what I have heard. I would say that your little one will do good too!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

Pumping in the NICU
It has been a little while since I stopped pumping, and it has been much much longer since DS has been in the NICU, but I thought I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.