Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thoughts about PDAs
Hippie_Momma posted:
My daughter is about to turn 2 and we have been going to pediatric cardiologists for a little over a year due to her having a PDA. I just met with a surgeon and he told me that my daughter is at a higher risk of getting a serious heart infection if we don't have the surgery and he also told me that there is a 1% chance that if she has a heart cath surgery to close the PDA that the coil that is used to shut the PDA could come out and potentially travel to her brain and cause her to have a stroke. I am a young mother going through a divorce and I feel myself falling apart just thinking about my baby going through this. I would like to know if anyone else has been through this and of so how did you handle it?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Jennifer, my husband David and I have two gorgeous baby girls. Our oldest is Lyla born August 2008 and Gracyn was born October 2009 at 29 wee...More

Helpful Tips

Baby Monitor Recall - Check your brand!
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/big-recall-of-baby-835293.html More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.