Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
social anxiety in 15 year old dd
reneegavin2 posted:
Hello everyone,

After seeing a counselor for some anxiety, a counselor told me that she thinks my dd has some social anxiety with starting h.s., but feels as she gets older and gains more confidence, it will lessen. She doesn't feel she has to be seen, although the door is open if necessary. My dd is not an unhappy teen, but she is quite the loner. She is perfectly content spending almost every weekend and weeknight with hubby and I. Maybe 3 times a week, she will gt together with a friend, but it is almost always with our urging her to. Does anyone have issues like this? Any advice? I know she talks to friends in school, but not much out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jessica. My boyfriend of 10 years and I are raising my son, Colton, 11, and his daughter, Courtney, 10, and we have a 3 month old son Xavie...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.