Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Defiant teen son
melfit posted:
I have a teen son who is just totally defiant towards my husband. This is not his father but he has raised him since he was 3. My son and my husband get into screaming matches over things that we would just handle. It has gotten to the point now where my son will run from the house at night if I am not home. If I am I am usually able to diffuse the situation. I have no idea what to do at this point.

momuv4girls responded:
I would suggest professional help - a really good LMFT that can work with you and your husband, and then all 3 of you together.

I don't believe problems such as this will just work themselves out on there own....you guys need a new approach before something serious happens.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have two adopted children from Korea. The first is a boy of 17 and the younger is a girl of 15. Both are fairly intelligent but my so...More

Helpful Tips

Depression
My oldest daughter was 13 when she was diagnosed wih depression she was on all kinds of antidepressants she tried to commit suiceide 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 11 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.