Skip to content


Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
what is best for 15 girl ?
An_250778 posted:
my girl just turned 15 has been in counseling for 3 yrs on and off was on meds for a short time. the counselors are just out of school in training it helps abit shes still missing alot of school mainly happy good kid with low self esteem,shy ,depressed at times,bullied,doesnt have friends to go hang out with! i talked to school counselors i called another group they are counselors in training under direction and work with the schools ,social workers . i took her to her Dr. he wants her to be seen by an adult psych then he will refor her to what they think is best i want the best but not sure what to do?
momuv4girls responded:
I think an evaluation by a child / adolescent psychiatrist is a good idea - I wouldn't take her to an adult one.

A good evaluation is over a course of several visits - with you alone, your daughter alone, then with you together, plus, a ton of paperwork to fill out. After all that, a psychiatrist will give a recommendation for treatment (if any is warranted).

Here is a link to find a child/adolescent psychiatrist in your area:

Also, you may want to look for "teen social groups" in your area, often times those are found in psychologist offices who offer a lot of services, those have been especially helpful for my daughter.

Take care, and good luck!
cher50 replied to momuv4girls's response:
thank you! i think the social groups is perfect but im having a hard time finding them ! i have looked on internet and asked around . teen girls go through so much!! she was happy when she had some friends to hang out with and go to the mall ! i will see what the dr offers . 3 yrs has been too long going to a couselors ! and once in awhile to a child psychiatrist

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 45 DH(34) I have 2 sons from a previous marriage ages 20 and 16 and...drumroll please... 2 more sons ages 6 and 2. Needless to say I have earned ...More

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.