Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
16 year old daughter with the WORST hygiene habits!
Melic05 posted:
I am hoping to get some advice here about my 16 year old daughters hygiene. I have been dealing with this issue with her for several years. Probably since about age 13. Her body odor is unbearable! Her panties and jeans smell horrible. I don't think she is wiping after she urinates and she may even be wearing the same underwear several times a week. When showering I doubt she is using soap or shampoo every time she takes one. I had another issue with her at one point peeing in plastic cups or on bath towels in her room and hiding them. The smell had gotten so bad and I could not figure out what it was until I ripped her room apart and found them...and her carpet was staind with urine. I had to remove the rug. I cry over this constantly....talk to her over and over. My husband is about to flip out because he cant take the smell anymore. I don't know what else to try!

momuv4girls responded:
Pre-teen and teen years, girls typically want to fit in, and be like their peers.

How does your daughter do in school, academically and socially?
Do you think she could be depressed ?

I would suggest a visit with a good Child Psychologist who could explore what is going on with your daughter and how to improve the situation.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 42yrs old a single parent of a 16yr old girl and a 7 yr old boy i love all children and have 2 step children 18yr stp daugh 16 yr step son and th...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.