Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
10 year old daughter vomiting at night
nanay23kids posted:
My 10 year old has been vomiting for about 3 weeks now mostly at night. Our pediatrician told us it could be mucus (from allergies) triggering her gag reflex. I was told to give her allergy medication regularly. I've been giving her Claritin at night but it doesn't seem to help. I don't think it's allergy. She told me that her stomach gurgles and it hurts sometimes. I've given her Tums also but they don't help either.

I'm feeling frustrated because but I'm not able to offer her any relief and I feel like she really is feeling something.

Has anyone experienced this?

By the way when she wakes up in the morning, she is her old jolly self and she hasn't lost significant weight. She actually lost her baby fat and got taller.

An_250567 responded:
Sounds like reflux. I would bypass the pedi and go to a pedi GI.

Spotlight: Member Stories

In 2005 I moved from my hometown to live 4,000 miles away with my new husband and growing family. I brought my two boys, now ages 9 and 12. My step-so...More

Helpful Tips

Teen Dating Rules
How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.