Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
no gift at sweet 16 party
An_252270 posted:
- my daughter had a sweet 16 party for family and friends. her grandparents did not give her a gift - they own 5 houses and are fairly wealthy - i am not sure how to approach this topic - how do I talk to the grandparents - this is my mother and father. they were included in the party and had a separate candle - please any advise would help - is this normal behavior?

momuv4girls responded:
Was this your daughters actual birthday? If not, maybe they were thinking of giving it to her on the actual day?

Have the grandparents always given your daughter gifts for birthdays / holidays ? Is this act totally out of character for them, or do they do "weird" stuff like that ??

A bit more info. would be helpful....Thanks!
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Olivia, and I am a moderator here at WebMD. I am also the mother of a 19-year-old college freshman, a 16-year-old high school junior, and a 12-ye...More

Helpful Tips

Depression
My oldest daughter was 13 when she was diagnosed wih depression she was on all kinds of antidepressants she tried to commit suiceide 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 11 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.