Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Found 14 yo daughter and boyfriend having sex in her room
marian58 posted:
I need some advice on how to handle walking in on my daughter and boyfriend having sex, both are 14yo. Everyone was supposed to be out of the house and they snuck back in. He used a condom, I saw that. I am so very upset and am not sure how to handle this situation. Any advice would be appreciated.

sluggo45692 responded:
Talk to your daughter (after you go have a blow up somewhere else) about your expectations of her and her behavior. Ask her what her goals in life are and then crush them with a baby. You and I were both 14. We know what teens will do. Then talk to your daughter's bf and parents. Explain to them your expectations of the boy's behavior and the conquinces (I know it's not spelled right) of these actions. I'm sure they are not ready to be grandparents and neither are you. Then get her a home pregnacy test and have her take it. Explain to her what will happen if she becomes pregnant.I'm sure a month of grounding and extremely supervised "dates" will help curb some of the urges. If this doesn't help try a project of caring for a baby for a weekend. All weekend with no help. P.S. Don't forget about the STD talk and explain in detail how it could even kill them.

marian58 replied to sluggo45692's response:
Thanks for your advice! Have done all of the above plus had lab work for STDS.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 45 DH(34) I have 2 sons from a previous marriage ages 20 and 16 and...drumroll please... 2 more sons ages 6 and 2. Needless to say I have earned ...More

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.