Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Why is my son not affectionate anymore?
An_252453 posted:
My 12 year old son is not affectionate anymore, he actually pushes me away when I try to hug him. It annoys him, am I wrong for feeling like my feelings are hurt?

Anon_475 responded:
Sounds perfectly normal to me. A 12 yo is at an age where he's trying to affirm himself and he doesn't want his mom treating him like a baby. Hugging him probably just embarrasses him. No reason to be embarrassed - this is just a sign he's growing up!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I am a 34 year old mother of 3. A 15 year old, 14 year old, and a 10 year old. Will be divorced after 16 years of marriage to my high school swee...More

Helpful Tips

Teen Dating Rules
How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.