Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Lying teen Please Help!!!!!!
kkmckbrown posted:
Very long story... but in a nutshell. I have a teen step daughter who has been telling lies about her father to her mother for about 2 years. This girl believes her lies and now they have gotten so out of control that the mother believes them too. She wants to live with her mother full time and that is the basis of where this lying started. Is it going too far for her dad to allow her to live with her mom fulltime? She has caused so much grief and anguish mentally to him that the constant drama of now defending himself makes him want to just allow her to go to her mothers fulltime so he doesn't have to deal with the constant lies about how mean he is. I am here and can speak for the fact that he has not been mean in any way. She is 14. She has this fantasy that if she lives with her mom full time life will be wonderful. But my husband worries that if he lets her go he might never get her back. He fears he will lose his daughter forever but on the flip side... if he doesn't let her go he may have lost her anyway due to the lies she tells about him that she believes. What should he do?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 45 DH(34) I have 2 sons from a previous marriage ages 20 and 16 and...drumroll please... 2 more sons ages 6 and 2. Needless to say I have earned ...More

Helpful Tips

Teen Dating Rules
How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.