Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
12 Year Old son I need advice
ElaineD posted:
I am really upset, my son is 12 years old and seeing this girl in school that is also 12. I have found several text messages from her to him saying things to him that are so graphic about sex, her and sexual stuff ect. I am 40 and I have never heard the things on I saw on these text messages. She has also been very mean to him saying things to him via text like "Your okay looking but your not fine". Anyway long story short I told him I did not thing he was old enough to be having these conversations and that this girl is totally off (I said slut) and that not all girls are like that and he is getting the wrong idea. Since he has been with her his grades have went down as well. I took his phone away. He sent her a text and told her no longer wanted her to text him anything of that nature and that his parents his found with all the text messages. He told her she should stop acting like that because it is a turn off to boys. (I did not tell him to do that!!) She broke up with him and now is making his life hard at schools, he is heart broken. I feel like it is all my fault. Please I Need advice!

momuv4girls responded:
If I were you, I would go talk to the girls parents and explain what has been going on.

-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

In 2005 I moved from my hometown to live 4,000 miles away with my new husband and growing family. I brought my two boys, now ages 9 and 12. My step-so...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.