Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

    Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

    Teen Boys' Health
    Teen Girls' Health
    Teen Health Center
    12 Year Old son I need advice
    ElaineD posted:
    I am really upset, my son is 12 years old and seeing this girl in school that is also 12. I have found several text messages from her to him saying things to him that are so graphic about sex, her and sexual stuff ect. I am 40 and I have never heard the things on I saw on these text messages. She has also been very mean to him saying things to him via text like "Your okay looking but your not fine". Anyway long story short I told him I did not thing he was old enough to be having these conversations and that this girl is totally off (I said slut) and that not all girls are like that and he is getting the wrong idea. Since he has been with her his grades have went down as well. I took his phone away. He sent her a text and told her no longer wanted her to text him anything of that nature and that his parents his found with all the text messages. He told her she should stop acting like that because it is a turn off to boys. (I did not tell him to do that!!) She broke up with him and now is making his life hard at schools, he is heart broken. I feel like it is all my fault. Please I Need advice!
    momuv4girls responded:
    If I were you, I would go talk to the girls parents and explain what has been going on.


    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I am a Mother of 5 kids of a combined family! My 11 Year old daughter my 9 year old son my 9 year old Stepson my 8 year old Stepson and the newest add...More

    Helpful Tips

    Teen Dating Rules
    How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 24 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.