Skip to content


Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
13 yr old boy
buggs6971 posted:
hi , i have a 13 year old boy , that has had mild adhd,, recently he has started complaining about no being able to sleep an feeling his chest is going to explode , now i know hes experincing anixiety attacks, my questions is is there something i can do other than meds , more like all natural stuff , like tranquilene or something lie that ?????
momuv4girls responded:
So, is your son on any medication now ?

Have you talked to his Dr. about these symptoms?

A bit more info. would be helpful - thank you!
buggs6971 replied to momuv4girls's response:
no, no meds as of yet . we havnt seen the doc yet , i did make an appointment , that why im tring to get all my ducks in a row before we go , so i know whats available prior to the visit
momuv4girls replied to buggs6971's response:
I would make a list of his symptoms, when they started, what triggers them etc...
Also, have your son make a list too.

Depending on what the Dr. finds.....he may refer you to an adolescent psychologist and/or behavioral therapy to help him deal with the anxiety, if that is indeed what he is experiencing.

Puberty can often be the onset of psychological disorders due to hormonal shifts.
Hopefully his pedi will do a check-up, and take the time to talk to you both and give you a direction to go.

Take care,

Spotlight: Member Stories

My 10y son has had a recent change in behavior. He is not completing his homework, he is leaving school without going to his aftercare, and he is not ...More

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.