Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
I need help....
justamy posted:
I am a single Mom of 2 teens. My ex-husband has basically abandoned them...he doesn't call nor see them in last 3 years. My son is 17 and very well adjusted. My daughter is 14 1/2 and depressed. I started her with a therapist in October and she is talking to her about her father, her friends, etc....
But I found her journal and the things she writes scare me.
How do I know if she is more depressed than she is letting on to the therapist? How do I know if she needs more help or medication?

momuv4girls responded:
Well, hopefully the therapist is a really good one!! A good therapist should connect with you every now and again to check in.

You could always set up a meeting with the therapist (alone) and discuss your concerns about what you read.

With Privacy Acts the way they are now a days, its more tricky than ever to communicate with Dr.s - - but you are free to discuss any concerns you have with her therapist.

Take care!
-Kathleen

mariajohnson responded:
Well I think your daughter misses her father. Her Father should meet his children. But if he is not in contact with any of you, you have to take care of your daughter. See that she is not depressed or stressed. Keep her busy and make her involve in the activities she is interested in.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My 10y son has had a recent change in behavior. He is not completing his homework, he is leaving school without going to his aftercare, and he is not ...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.