Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

    Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

    Teen Boys' Health
    Teen Girls' Health
    Teen Health Center
    I need help....
    justamy posted:
    I am a single Mom of 2 teens. My ex-husband has basically abandoned them...he doesn't call nor see them in last 3 years. My son is 17 and very well adjusted. My daughter is 14 1/2 and depressed. I started her with a therapist in October and she is talking to her about her father, her friends, etc....
    But I found her journal and the things she writes scare me.
    How do I know if she is more depressed than she is letting on to the therapist? How do I know if she needs more help or medication?
    momuv4girls responded:
    Well, hopefully the therapist is a really good one!! A good therapist should connect with you every now and again to check in.

    You could always set up a meeting with the therapist (alone) and discuss your concerns about what you read.

    With Privacy Acts the way they are now a days, its more tricky than ever to communicate with Dr.s - - but you are free to discuss any concerns you have with her therapist.

    Take care!
    mariajohnson responded:
    Well I think your daughter misses her father. Her Father should meet his children. But if he is not in contact with any of you, you have to take care of your daughter. See that she is not depressed or stressed. Keep her busy and make her involve in the activities she is interested in.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My name is Jessica. My boyfriend of 10 years and I are raising my son, Colton, 11, and his daughter, Courtney, 10, and we have a 3 month old son Xavie...More

    Helpful Tips

    Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 25 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.