Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
13 year old bed wetting
nole53 posted:
My 13 year old stepson moved in with us in May 2008. I started finding his bed wet several months later. At first it was only the pillow as if he was stuffing it between his legs to catch the nightly flow. Then he started getting both the pillow and the bed. Now, he "goes to bed", stays there for 5 - 10 minutes then gets up and takes a shower. The last couple of nights, while he was in the shower, I checked his bedding. I find wet pillows and sheets even though they were fresh and dry when he first went to bed. I'm confused. It seems as though he is going into his bedroom to intentionally urinate on his bedding. Help. I'm new at being a mother and I REALLY don't understand 13 year olds. I know he's masturbating and at first I thought the moisture was semen but there's way too much moisture to be just that. Is it possible that when he masturbates, his bladder lets loose too?

flippen99 responded:
It could be possible that he loses control of his bladder. I've heard of people peeing while masturbating. If he's wetting during the night, try some underjams,goodnites, ect. But the way you talk he's doing it while awake. I would talk to him about it. Just don't him a feeling that masturbation is wrong. Unless it's religious! When I was your stepson's age I thought that it was wrong. My parents never talked to me about sex,masturbation, ect. Now I'm 15 years old. Anyway, I would think that when he's masturbating he is also peeing. Just talk to him about it.! If you need anymore advice email me. ~flippen99 smokefan1@comcast.net

kg4nld responded:
My son is 15, but small for his age and also has a form of autism, I've been searching everywhere on information that was similar to what we are experiencing. I did not know this is a sort of "normal" experience. But, after reading your article I'm not as scared about my son's on "problem". Apparently, "peeing" while masturbating is a part of it somewhat. But, he hides his dirty clothes in with the clean ones of course causing the clean ones to be dirty. This is frustrating to me, and I'm trying to talk to him, but we end up in some argumentive tone. Plese give me advise. kg4nld :crying:

kg4nld responded:
Also, if someone would like to send advice--- kg4nld@charter.net :sillygrin: Thanks :grin:

rj0824 responded:
Hey guys..... yes peeing while masturbating isn't as rare as u might think.... as far as dealing with this behavior...u have to try to find out if he has a medical problem (possibly with the muscles controlling release) or if is something that feels good to him, oddly enough All teen boys THINK they are much more covert in masturbating than they actually are... trust me, I was a teen boy once lol It might be time to clue him in on the fact that u not only know that he DOES it but you can tell WHEN hr does it too... but the most important part of that conversation is fact finding to help identify any potential problems...and I'd tell him that. Dont tell him its not normal (noone wants to feel different or freakish) but tell him it is something that can be helped. He needs to understand that soiling is not acceptable behavior and neither is concealment. Try to make it sound less like a lecture and more like a dialogue.. Sit beside him instead of in front of him. Dont let him weasel out of it with attitude or "i don't knows". Someone (imo a male) must have the masturbation talk with him..... specificly about masturbation Also....do him a favor..... and show him the yellow stains on his white shirts are really visible and everyone knows what they are so use a colored towel to clean up.... i know this is gross but it WILL save him some embarrassment later.... good luck moms.... hope I helped a little

cnannie responded:
So it ok for 13 yr. Boy to wetting the bed:

An_221552 replied to kg4nld's response:
My son is fixing to turn 13, and he has never been a bed wetter, never..and he has autism, and he is having a hard time understanding these feelings that he is having. I was thinking maybe is was peeing while trying to express his needs, I don't know, I need help, any info would be gratefully appreciated..

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 45 DH(34) I have 2 sons from a previous marriage ages 20 and 16 and...drumroll please... 2 more sons ages 6 and 2. Needless to say I have earned ...More

Helpful Tips

Teen Dating Rules
How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.