Skip to content


Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
12 year old with Dizzy spells; Severe Headache
jatjh posted:
My 12 year old daughter has been experiencing really bad dizzy spells followed by a extremely painful headache. Each spell can last anywhere from 5 minutes to all day long. They take her to her knees. We have taken her to see a cardiologist, she has had a cat scan and blood work which have come back normal. She is on ADD medicine but we took her off for a little while -- however the spells kept coming. She also has been complaining of muscle pain -- where she feels that she just can't stretch her muscles. She is active -- she participates in Tae Kwon Do -- which has a lot of movement. Our next step is taking her to a neurologist -- but would like some additional feedback.
Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Has she had a general ear/nose/throat check? Been checked for Mono? Could it be anxiety attacks?
andi72071 responded:
My son takes ADHD meds also and experiences headaches, dizziness, muscle spasms and chest pain. Supposedly they are normal symptoms but it makes the kids miserable. I agree it may be an inner ear thing, or possibly even hormonal since she is of the puberty age. Keep pushing with the dr's, it's got to be something, and something they can treat. Good Luck! Find a good ENT in your area and have her checked.
jatjh replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you. Yes she has by her primary care physican -- but I will get her to see a ENT as well.
jatjh replied to andi72071's response:
Thank you!
Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to jatjh's response:
Let us know what you learn.
stressed1857 responded:
think she does need to see an ent also a nurelogist my daughter is15 and been to the er 2 times for migraines but it runs in our family i have been there countless times i see both a ent and a neuroligist my alergies were so bad i have to have shots and that can cause sever headaches and weakness also bad teeth can also cause headaches i had a friend that was on life support over a bad tooth sometimes there aint signs when you have a bad tooth
isabellaswan99 responded:
am 13 and i live near keithville ive been getting dizzy spells this is my first time so would you recamend me to any doctors
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to isabellaswan99's response:
Hi and Welcome Isabella!

I'm sorry you have been having dizzy spells. Unfortunately, WebMD nor our members are unable to recommend doctors by name.

Do you have a family doctor that can evaluate you and refer you to a specialist if needed?

If not, this may be helpful to find a doctor -
Choosing a Health Care Provider

Please keep us posted,
celia6307 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I was thinking my daughter was worried about school more than usual. Is it possible for it to b anxiety attacks?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have 5 children; 18yr old girl, 16yr old girl, 10yr old boy (from previous relationship) & fraternal twin 8yr old girls (current relationship). ...More

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.