Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Need recomendation on teen vitamins
Poppins1995 posted:
I have been told to get a vitamin because I am having metabolic issues and I have a zinc tablet but I dont know if I need to get another or something else. I was having issues with my period and found out that I was getting it but weaker than I should because my body was having trouble ovulating due to me being underweight. So, because my body is trying to work right but cant, I have been told that I need a vitamin: Does anyone have a suggestion or a link to a website with a quiz or vitamin filter/finder?

fcl responded:
I would say that pretty much any fairly complet multivitamin would be about as good as you can get ...

Poppins1995 replied to fcl's response:
That is what my dad told me, however he has yet to think of a certain one and I am clueless on the topic- which is why I turned to this website for more of a "such as" type answer.

fcl replied to Poppins1995's response:
How about Flinstones?

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
There are some formulated for teen girls. That is what we used.

Your doctor would be the best one to advise on how to both gaining the weight healthily and recommend a vitamin suited for your condition.

Here is a link to our Find a Vitamin information.

Spotlight: Member Stories

In 2005 I moved from my hometown to live 4,000 miles away with my new husband and growing family. I brought my two boys, now ages 9 and 12. My step-so...More

Helpful Tips

Teen Dating Rules
How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.